Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sierra vs. Ciara

This post is a digression from our usual subject, the domestic arts, but it is a question that must be answered. Who is better? My roommate and fellow writer of this blog, Sierra, or the R&B/pop singer Ciara.











VS.














I will compare some of the important arguments in favor of each:

Ciara made me like an R&B ballad ("Promise") when usually I do not. On the other hand, Sierra made me a calzone for dinner the other night.

Sierra often makes goodies (such as the molasses cookies she made the other night). On the other hand, Ciara made "Goodies."

Sierra will sing along to "Fergalicious" with me. On the other hand, every single Ciara has put out except "And I" is better than "Fergalicious."

Sierra is a real person with emotions and a sense of humor. On the other hand, Ciara is a wonderful unfeeling robot who is probably made of metal.

Well, I guess it's a tie. And the only tiebreaker is who would win in a fight. I think we all know that is Sierra. I will post a picture of her beating me up as proof.


Sorry, Ciara, but Sierra wins this one. I guess you will have to be content with being a famous millionaire.

2 comments:

Katie (Spencer's sister) said...

I wonder if you would still think Sierra is better than Ciara after reading this review of Ciara's Seattle concert this week:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/292642_ciara17q.html

For instance, does Sierra have 8 acrobatic back-up dancers? And can Sierra "keep her audience in a sweat"?

Just some things to think about....

Anonymous said...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Spencer is comparing apples and oranges. Sierra is a legacy Macintosh apple, handed down from generation to generation, and Ciara is a genetically engineered navel orange, bred for its shelf life, not its flavor, pumped up on the plant equivalent of sterioids, and ultimately sterile in every sense of the word. But hey, the American consumer doesn't know the difference, and as long as they have the little brand name stickey label, they are perfectly willing to sacrifice flavor and texture of the real deal.