Friday, December 15, 2006

Good Lord!



Last night, we had a huge windstorm here. At about 11:30, this tree fell over and managed to become suspended on a wire (fortunately not an electrical wire) about 12 feet off the ground. The police and a fire truck came, but all they did was put up tape around the intersection. The tree is still there this morning. This is right across the street. That stop sign is on our parking strip. The first picture is from our front porch, and the second is from our driveway. This tree made it difficult to sleep last night.

In other Good Lord! news, I direct you to this article about Martha's latest adventure.

UPDATE: I decided that those two pictures could hardly give you the full effect the amazing suspended tree. So I made this video. Please forgive my horrible camera-work. I don't have a steady hand.

1 comment:

Sierra said...

I for one cannot believe that I missed out on the most exciting natural disaster this year! If you notice in the video that Spencer so dilligently took, if the tree had fallen in the opposite direction, my poor little lovely car would be no more (or at least, a significantly flatter version of the original). Wow!